Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Details...

Evening everyone,

I just heard from Maria Curtin about the lighting and security, so here it is:

I have the plans that include lighting, but I have a feeling that it is not designed with art displays in mind. Unfortunately, this was something that needed to be planned in advance to include it in the construction plans. IF we request a change right now, it would require a “change order” which would add cost to the construction. We have been told not to request anything that requires change orders. On the positive side, I don’t think it would be too difficult to modify or adjust the lighting once the building is done. I will ask the architects. As far as security measures are concerned, the building will be on a card reader system and there has been talk of having the atrium open for extended hours based on student interest. I hope this answers your questions,

Maria

Suppose at this point it will be up to the next generation of students to address this, but at least they'll know what they've got to work with...

Jess

No comments: