Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An alternative to email attachments

After mentioning it in class today, I was determined to figure out a way in which we could give everyone in class easy access to our important (and constantly changing) documents. After going through the help section provided by blogger.com, I found a lot of other users have encountered the same problem. Unfortunately, there was no perfect solution.

I was, however, able to find a suitable alternative. In fact, it even has some advantages to posting documents on the blog itself. I created a webpage through GooglePages on which I can upload any file and have it available for anyone to download. I placed a permanent link to this website in the upper right hand corner of our blog (above the "blog archive") so that everyone can go between the two sites with ease. Please visit the site and try to download the Constitution; respond to this post if you have any problems/suggestions so I can make any necessary changes.

The one setback to this solution is that I have to upload each document myself, since the webpage is under my personal Google account. I couldn't give you access to just the website without giving you access to my entire account (email, etc). If you simply email me any updated or new documents, however, I will be happy to promptly post them on the webpage for others to download and view.

I would like to post the theme group's newest document; Kendra, could you please pass it along to me? Also, any groups who have new or updated documents you'd like to share, please feel free to email me. I hope this can be effective, but please let me know if any of you have another idea or any problems with this method.

No comments: